The Bonnyville Gear Grabbers Race team takes pride in offering great action at the races for those who have the need for speed. We consist of a local group of volunteers who share the same passion.
Our events are aimed at the amateur drag racer who wants to try the sport without feeling overwhelmed, as well as any seasoned racers that want to come out and enjoy a great day of racing or put on a show!
Whether you are a spectator or racer, come on down to the airport and take in the races!
- 4443 feet total length of runway. 75 feet wide.
- Paved and grass area off track.
- Paved pit lane. Open to spectators.
- 1/8th Mile, Bracket Format. Grudge racing if time permits.
- Street legal, Race Cars, Diesels, Sleds, Motorcycles Allowed. (See tech rules for further details)
- Lanes will be prepped to the best of our abilities.
- .500 Sportsman tree for staging and takeoff
- Fully timed races with printouts including R/T, 60ft, speed, and E/T
- Concession with hot food, snacks, and beverages
- Full live commentary, announcements, and background music
- Bleacher seating for spectators
- Ground level lawn chair seating also optional for spectators
- Easy, paved access. Minutes from Bonnyville.
Saturday June 22nd: Gear Grabbers Test & Tune Event (Members Only) @ The Bonnyville Regional Airport
This event is not open to the public and is available for Gear Grabbers Members & Volunteers. This event is put in place for the club to test equipment, event logistics, planning etc. while members test & tune their rides. Rain out date Sunday June 23rd.
Saturday August 24th: Gear Grabbers 1/8th Mile Drag Race Event @ The Bonnyville Regional Airport
Full day event. Open to the public & all racers. Rain out date Sunday, August 25th.
Entry Fee $60.00
Saturday September 14th: Gear Grabbers 1/8th Mile Drag Race Event @ The Bonnyville Regional Airport
Full day event. Open to the public & all racers. Rain out date Sunday, September 15th.
Entry Fee $60.00